- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cups of whole milk or almond milk
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 1/4 cup of chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp of ghee
- 2 tbsp of jaggery or honey
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ground cardamom
- Rinse the basmati rice thoroughly and soak it in water for 30 minutes.
- In a large pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add the soaked rice and stir. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until the rice is fully cooked.
- In a separate pan, heat the ghee over medium heat. Add the raisins and almonds and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until the almonds are lightly browned.
- Add the milk, shredded coconut, jaggery or honey, cinnamon, and cardamom to the pot of rice. Stir well and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Add the sautéed raisins and almonds to the pot of rice pudding and stir well.
- Serve the rice pudding warm or chilled.
Benefits: This Ayurvedic Rice Pudding is a nourishing and comforting dessert that is perfect for balancing Vata dosha. Basmati rice is easy to digest and provides energy, while ginger and cardamom aid in digestion. Almonds and coconut add healthy fats and protein, while jaggery or honey provides a natural sweetener. Enjoying this pudding in moderation can help promote a sense of calm and balance in the body and mind.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!