Ayurvedic Golden Milk is a warm, comforting beverage that is a staple in Ayurvedic cuisine. It is made by boiling milk with turmeric, ginger, black pepper, and other spices, creating a golden-yellow color and a rich, aromatic flavor. The benefits of Golden Milk are numerous, as the ingredients are known to have a variety of health properties.
- 1 cup of milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon of ghee or coconut oil
- Honey or sweetener to taste (optional)
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat.
- Add the turmeric, ginger, black pepper, and cinnamon stick to the milk and stir.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for 5-7 minutes, until it turns a golden-yellow color.
- Remove the mixture from heat and strain to remove any solids.
- Stir in the ghee or coconut oil.
- Add honey or sweetener to taste, if desired.
- Serve the warm Golden Milk in a mug and enjoy!
The benefits of Ayurvedic Golden Milk are numerous. Turmeric is known to have anti-inflammatory properties and can help with digestive issues. Ginger has a warming effect on the body, which can help to soothe aches and pains, as well as improve digestion. Black pepper helps to increase the bioavailability of turmeric in the body, making it easier for the body to absorb the benefits. The cinnamon adds a warming, comforting flavor to the milk, while the ghee or coconut oil helps to nourish the body and provide essential fatty acids.
Overall, Ayurvedic Golden Milk is a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy the benefits of Ayurvedic herbs and spices, while also helping to promote wellness and good health.